Friday, October 14, 2016

Eye on Kickstarter #6

Welcome to my Eye on Kickstarter series!  This series will highlight Kickstarter campaigns I am following that have recently launched (or I've recently discovered) because they have caught my interest.  Usually they'll catch my interest because they look like great games that I have either backed or would like to back (unfortunately budget doesn't allow me to back everything I'd like to).  But occasionally the campaigns caught my attention for other reasons.  Twice a month, on the 2nd and 4th Fridays, I'll make a new post in this series, highlighting the campaigns that have caught my attention since the last post.  In each post I'll highlight one campaign that has really grabbed my attention, followed by other campaigns I've backed or am interested in.  I'll also include links to any reviews I've done.  Comments are welcome, as are suggestions for new campaigns to check out!

You can also see my full Kickstarter Profile to see what I've backed or my old Eye on Kickstarter page that was too unwieldy to maintain.  Also, check out the 2016 Kickstarter Boardgame Projects geeklist over on Board Game Geek for a list of all the tabletop games of the year.

So, without further ado, here are the projects I'm currently watching as of the second Friday of October, 2016:


HIGHLIGHTED CAMPAIGN
Dracula's Feast
  • GJJ Games Review
  • GJJ Games Backed
  • I really like social deduction type games, and recently my friends and family have been enjoying them more, too. We've been playing One Night Ultimate Werewolf quite a bit since I received it for Father's Day. So I was really curious to see how Unmasked: Dracula's Feast would go over. And it went over amazingly well! We played a bunch of times and no one wanted to stop! At first I didn't think this would be able to trump ONUW, but everyone said they liked it even more!


Dracula invited the townsfolk over for dinner (and maybe a few for dessert), but - what a pain in the neck - a mash of monsters have crashed the party looking for a bite. Now everything is at stake…

Dracula’s Feast is a 10-15 minute game of hidden roles and logical deduction for 4-8 players aged 10 and up. Each player takes on the role of a classic monster at a masquerade party - Identify and expose everyone else... and keep all those juicy villagers for yourself.

Dracula’s Feast combines the intrigue and strategy of social deduction with the accessibility of a family game. It's the second release from Jellybean Games, but we can't make it without YOU!





True Messiah
  • People Behind the Meeples Interview
  • I had the fortune to meet the designer of True Messiah, Craig Stern, back in January at a game design meetup. There I got to play True Messiah and quite enjoyed it, even in its earlier stages. Craig also attends the Protospiel events that I go to, so we cross paths every so often.


MIND: The Fall of Paradise
  • While I'm not too sure about the business model behind selling the game one player at a time, MIND definitely looks interesting. I like the premise behind the game's story, too.


UGEARS: Christmas mechanical symphony
  • While I'm not a backer on this project, I did back the original one for all of the models! They are amazing mechanical works of art! I haven't built any of them yet (we're doling them out as birthday and holiday gifts over the next year or so), I have oggled the boxes and watched all the videos of the different models. Numerous times. If you like to tinker or build models, these are definitely worth a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment